Kali M. Hague is a partner at Jetlaw, LLC®. She advises clients throughout the country and internationally on all aspects of aviation law. Her clients include Part 121, 125, 135, 137, and 375 operators, airports, corporate flight departments, government contractors, and UAS/drone/AAM operations.
Kali helps her clients navigate unique and complex FAA and DOT issues. She provides outside general counsel services to aviation companies, including advising clients on human resource issues in the corporate flight department and resolving apparent conflicts between state law and FAA regulations. Kali also provides comprehensive counsel on aviation mergers and acquisitions.
In 2021, Kali was appointed to the NBAA Board of Directors. Kali was recognized as one of NBAA’s Top 40 Under 40 award recipients in 2018. Kansas State University recognized Kali as an Alumni Fellow in 2019. Kali is a former adjunct professor of aviation law for Kansas State University. She is a former member of NBAA’s Young Professionals Council.
Prior to joining the firm, Kali worked in-house for a Part 135 charter operator and aerial mapping operation. She gained hands-on experience in airport operations and management while working for an airport authority.
Kali’s practice also includes:
- Providing outside general counsel services.
- Representing companies in mergers and acquisitions and advising venture capitalists and private equity funds on their investments in aviation.
- Advising clients on airport hangar and facility construction projects.
- Advising federally funded airports on leasing and revenue matters, maintaining grant assurance compliance, handling RFP responses, addressing complaints, and drafting and implementing Minimum Standards.
- Solving complex regulatory matters for operators.
- Representing clients before the Department of Transportation on citizenship issues.
- Negotiating purchase and sale contracts for domestic and foreign registered aircraft.
- Negotiating operating and financing leases and security agreements for domestic and cross-border acquisitions.
- Advising clients on ownership and operating structure of their aircraft operations, including personal use issues, dry leases, time-sharing, joint ownership and interchange agreements, flying candidates for elected office, corporate aircraft use policies, U.S. registration of foreign-owned/operated aircraft, establishing owner trusts for registration, and foreign registration of aircraft and non-U.S. aircraft operations.
Kali is a commercial pilot and flight instructor. She has assisted with the firm’s flight operations since she joined the firm in 2010. Kali co-presents the firm’s NBAA-approved Professional Development Programs with Kent Jackson and speaks throughout the country on best practices in FAA, DOT and IRS regulatory compliance and human resources in the corporate flight department. Kali is admitted to practice law in Washington, D.C., Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas.
Kali is co-author of Jetlaw FAR/AIM Explained series. The series illustrates and explains the policies behind the FAA regulations by compiling and analyzing FAA Chief Counsel Opinions, FAA Advisory Circulars, the Federal Register, case law, the Aeronautical Information Manual, and NTSB Decisions. Kali is a frequently contributor to industry publications including AAAE’s Airport Magazine, Business and Commercial Aviation, Aviation Business Journal, and Twin & Turbine.
Kali received her BS Summa Cum Laude in Aeronautical Technology from Kansas State University at Salina and her JD with Dean’s Honors from Washburn University School of Law. She completed her LL.M. in International and European Tax Law from Maastricht University Faculty of Law in the Netherlands.
NBAA Top 40 Under 40 (2018)
Kansas State University Alumni Fellow (2019)
National Business Aviation Association, Board of Directors
Aero Club of Washington, Board of Directors
National Business Aviation Association
Women in Aviation International
FAA OpSpec Working Group